1/18/2010

How I Met Your Mother

Can an episode of, "How I Met Your Mother" trigger a whole set of emotions back into a blackhole? Yes.

How?

Over the married couple in the show talking about the person that is the "settler" and the "reacher". And well the way everything went down in 2008 - well made me really feel as if I was the "reacher".

And of course in the show, Marshall the married character finds himself working with a new woman who ends up kissing him and he, being the "good" guy that he is, says it's the worst thing ever, but me, being the jaded scorned woman just scoffed at that b.s. Please it's the "good" guy that probably falls the hardest. Jesus. That was my husband right?

I find it so ironic too, that prior to all that had happened I joked, but was slightly serious that I should work where he worked - which he of course said was a bad idea. But maybe I should have and we would have had a better relationship - I mean that's how he started his, right? With a woman that he worked with? Well, there you go...

If I'm sounding bitter and sarcastic - good. I want it to on this blog so that I get it out of my system.

He's depressed again, but I suppose he still has been this whole time. I know he no longer takes medication and I know he's expressed how unhappy he is at work. I wish he had quit his job during the time he had quit me. Because we may go through the same roller coaster again with him associating me to how horrible his life is at work - because he works to take care of me kind of sh*t.

I don't want to be anyone's excuse.

No comments: